THEME: THE LIFE OF THINGS
CURATOR: MARÍA WILLS LONDOÑO
MOMENTA | Biennale de l'image launches its call for submissions from Canadian artists for its upcoming edition, which will take place in September and October 2019. Drawing on the theme The Life of Things, proposed by Colombian independent curator María Wills Londoño, the biennale's 16th edition will present a wealth of exhibitions featuring the work of more than thirty artists from the local and national scenes as well as from elsewhere in the world.
We are soliciting only artists' works that respond to the theme The Life of Things. We are not seeking curatorial proposals. This call for submissions is addressed only to Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
TYPE OF WORK BEING SOUGHT
We are looking for works by Canadian artists that explore the various relationships between objects and images and that demonstrate their complexity. For the different exhibitions, we want to investigate a multiplicity of perspectives including, but not limited to, these types of relationships: symbolic, bewitching, poetic, mystical, performative, excessive, fetishistic, evocative, haunting, heady.
We are interested in works that employ photographic and videographic languages, which may take diverse forms such as installations of three-dimensional works.
Submissions must be sent by email only (in English or French), by no later than April 8 at 11:59 PM, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMISSIONS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. A short cover letter explaining how the submission relates to the theme (250 words maximum) in Word or PDF format.
2. An artist statement (100 words maximum) in Word ou PDF format.
3. Visual supporting material, which may include:
- a maximum of 10 images (maximum 500 kb per image) in JPG (72 dpi, RGB colour mode) or PDF format. Images must be clearly identified and accompanied by a descriptive image spec sheet (title, date, medium, and dimensions).
- a link to your web page or other website featuring your work (if available). Do not send videos by email; instead, please provide a link in order to view your video(s) online.
4. A short CV (3 pages maximum) in Word or PDF format.
5. Your contact information (first and last name, mailing address, telephone, email address, website, country of birth, and country of residence). Artists submitting as a collective are asked to identify one participant as the project coordinator, and provide that person's contact information.
PLEASE NOTE :
All submissions in compliance with the instructions described herein and received by the deadline will be carefully reviewed by MOMENTA and the curator. MOMENTA will contact only the applicants whose file has been selected.
All submissions must be sent by email only: any other unsolicited material sent to our offices will be neither viewed nor returned. MOMENTA and María Wills Londoño are not responsible for unreadable, undelivered, or lost materials. Late submissions, incomplete proposals, and work unrelated to the theme will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact: